Sunday, October 12, 2014

Love Is All You Need?

This video is incredibly powerful.  I am still taking it in right now; so I will update this blog post tomorrow, once I have had more time to digest it.  I think everyone needs to see this.  It is a little on the long side, but please watch it if you can.

I think what made me most upset about this video is that all of the events were real things that happened to real kids who were bullied.  No child or person should be treated differently because of who he or she loves.  There is no issue in schools about a female teacher talking about her husband and children, so I don't think that there should be any issue about a female teacher talking about her wife or partner and family.  They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so if parents treat the LGBT discussion as taboo or talk negatively about homosexuals, their children will think that it is taboo and that they should not be kind and compassionate to homosexuals.  

2 comments:

  1. I thought this deserved comment. I, like you, was blown away by it and can not get the images out of my mind. This was very powerful. I was looking forward to you and others talk about it in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibily powerful video. I'm a little bit traumatized at the moment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete